Bisi Bele Bhat
Cuisine: Karnataka, India
Fun Fact: ‘Bisi Bela Huli Anna’, the healthy Karnataka special Bisi Bela Bath is a perfect wholesome meal. A hot lentil rice has approximately 25 key ingredients to make the ‘Huli Power’ which is a ‘Bisi Bela Bath Masala’ you get in the ChefD Kit. Favourite of many food-lovers’ due to the authentic taste, freshness, goodness and health benefits it carries along.
Vegetable Cutting Board
Pressure Cooker (2 or 3 Litre)
- Wash Rice (1) and Toor Daal (1) thoroughly and soak in Water for 10 minutes, drain and keep aside.
- Wash all Vegetables (2, 3 and 4). String Beans (3), peel Carrots (2) & Potatoes (4). Cut all into 1 inch long thin pieces.
- Wash & Keep the Curry Leaves (7) aside.
- Mix ‘‘Huli Powder’ or ‘Bisi Bele Bath Masala’(9) in ¾ cup water and make it a smooth paste.
- Add Oil (5) in a pressure cooker, add the Seasoning Mix (6), Curry Leaves (7) and allow it to splutter.
- Add the cut Vegetables, Groundnuts (8) and Sauté for 2 minutes. Add soaked Rice, Toor daal and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add ‘Huli Powder Mix/Bisi Bele Bath’ Mix and Sauté for 2 minutes. Add Salt (10) and sauté. Refer the table for water measurement and add water.
- Mix the ingredients carefully, close the lid. On the 3rd whistle, turn the flame into low and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the pressure is gone, open and mix ‘Bisi Bele Bath’ carefully.
Quantity of water to be added:
Number of people
Number of cups of water
1/4 litre (1 cup)
1/2 litre (2 cups)
3/4 litre (3 cups)
1 litre (4 cups)
1 1/4 litre (5 cups)
and so on...
Ready to Serve
1.Transfer ‘Bisi Bele Bath’ in a Serving Bowl, add Ghee (11) on top of Rice and Serve.