- The term ‘You’ &‘User’ shall mean any legal person or entity accessing or using the services provided on this Website/Application, who is competent to enter into binding contracts, as per the provisions of the Indian Contract Act, 1872
- The terms ‘We’, ‘Us’& ‘Our’ shall mean the Website/Application and/or (COMPANY NAME) the “Company”, as the context so requires.
- The terms ‘Party’ & ‘Parties’ shall respectively be used to refer to the User and the Company individually and collectively, as the context so requires.
- The headings of each section in this Policy are only for the purpose of organizing the various provisions under this Policy in an orderly manner, and shall not be used by either Party to interpret the provisions contained herein in any manner. Further, it is specifically agreed to by the Parties that the headings shall have no legal or contractual value.
- The use of the Website/Application by the User is solely governed by this Policy as well as the Terms and Conditions of the Application, available at here and any modifications or amendments made thereto by the Company from time to time, at its sole discretion. Visiting the home page of the Website/Application and/or using any of the services provided on the Website/Application shall be deemed to signify the User’s unequivocal acceptance of this Policy and the aforementioned Terms, and the User expressly agrees to be bound by the same. The User expressly agrees and acknowledges that the Terms and Policy are co-terminus, and that expiry / termination of either one will lead to the termination of the other.
- The User unequivocally agrees that this Policy and the aforementioned Terms constitute a legally binding agreement between the User and the Company, and that the User shall be subject to the rules, guidelines, policies, terms, and conditions applicable to any service that is provided by the Website/Application, and that the same shall be deemed to be incorporated into the Terms, and shall be treated as part and parcel of the same. The User acknowledges and agrees that no signature or express act is required to make these Terms and the Policy binding on the User, and that the User’s act of visiting any part of the Application constitutes the User’s full and final acceptance of the Policy and the aforementioned Terms.
- The Parties expressly agree that the Company retains the sole and exclusive right to amend or modify the Policy and the aforementioned Terms without any prior permission or intimation to the User, and the User expressly agrees that any such amendments or modifications shall come into effect immediately. The User has a duty to periodically check the Policy and Terms, and stay updated on their provisions and requirements. If the User continues to use the Website/Application following such a change, the User will be deemed to have consented to any and all amendments / modifications made to the Policy and Terms. In so far as the User complies with the Policy and Terms, he/she is granted a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited privilege to enter, access and use the Website/Application.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION
- The User expressly agrees and acknowledges that the Company collects and stores the User’s personal information, which is provided by the User from time to time on the Website/Application, including but not limited to the User’s user name, passwords, email address, name, address, age, date of birth, gender, service preferences, transaction related information and location information as well as any images or other information uploaded/published by the User on the Website/Application. The User is aware that this information will be used by the Company to provide services and features targeted at the User, that are most likely to meet the User’s needs, and also to customize and improve the Website/Application to make its users’ experiences safer, unique and easier.
- The User is aware that the Company may automatically track certain information about the User based upon the User’s IP address and the User’s behaviour on the Website/Application, and the User expressly consents to the same. The User is aware that this information is used to do internal research on user demographics and behaviour, to enable the Company to better understand, and cater to the needs of its users. The User is expressly made aware that such information may include the URL that the User visited prior to accessing the Website/Application, the URL which the User subsequently visits (whether or not these URLs form a part of the Website/Application), the User’s computer & web browser information and the User’s IP address.
- If the User chooses to avail the services from the Website/Application, the User consents to allowing the Company to collect information about the User’s needs.
- If the User chooses to post messages / reviews / feedback anywhere on the Application, including but not limited to message boards, chat rooms, other message areas, the User is aware that any and all such information provided / uploaded will be collected and stored by the Company indefinitely, and that such retained information may be used to resolve disputes, provide customer support, troubleshoot problems, and that such information, if requested, may be provided to judicial or governmental authorities of requisite jurisdiction, or otherwise used by the Company as permitted by applicable laws.
- The User is aware that any and all information pertaining to the User collected by the Company, whether or not directly provided by the User to the Company, including but not limited to personal correspondence such as emails or letters, feedback from other users or third parties regarding the User’s activities or postings on the Website/Application, may be collected and complied by the Company into a file/folder specifically created for / allotted to the User, and the User hereby expressly consents to the same.
- The User is aware that while he/she can browse some sections of the Website/Application without being a registered user, certain activities (such as placing an order) require the User to provide valid personal information to the Company for the purpose of registration. The User is aware that the contact information provided to the Company may be used to send the User offers and promotions, whether or not based on the User’s previous orders and interests, and the User hereby expressly consents to receiving the same.
- The User is aware that the Company may occasionally request the User to complete optional online surveys. These surveys may require the User to provide contact information and demographic information (like zip code, age, income bracket and sex). The User is aware that this data to is used to customise the Website/Application for the benefit of the User, and providing all users of the Website/Application with products/services/content that the Company believes they might be interested in availing of, and also to display content according to the User’s preferences.
- The User is further aware that the Company may occasionally request the User to write reviews for services availed of by the User from the Website/Application, and also reviews for the various service providers listing their services on the Website/Application. The User is aware that such reviews will help other users of the Website/Application make prudent and correct choices, and also help the Company remove the service providers whose services are unsatisfactory in any way, and the User hereby expressly authorises the Company to publish any and all reviews written by the User on the Website/Application, along with the User’s name and certain contact details, for the benefit and use of other Users of the Website/Application.
- Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to compel the Website/Application/Company to store, upload, publish, or display in any manner content/reviews/surveys/feedback submitted by the User, and the User hereby expressly authorises the Company to remove from the Website/Application any such content, review, survey, or feedback submitted by the User, without cause or being required to notify the User of the same.
- The User is aware that a ‘Cookie’ is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can later be traced back from that particular browser, and that cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user, including but not limited to a User’s login identification and password. The User is aware that the Website/Application places both permanent and temporary cookies in the User’s computer's hard drive and web browser, and does hereby expressly consent to the same.
- The User is further aware that the Website/Application uses data collection devices such as cookies on certain pages of the Website/Application to help analyse web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety, and that certain features of the Website/Application are only available through the use of such cookies. While the User is free to decline the Website/Application’s cookies if the User’s browser permits, the User may consequently be unable to use certain features on the Website/Application
- Additionally, the User is aware that he/she might encounter ‘cookies’ or other similar devices on certain pages of the Website/Application that are placed by third parties or affiliates of the Company. The User expressly agrees and acknowledges that the Company does not control the use of such cookies/other devices by third parties, that the Company is in no way responsible for the same, and that the User assumes any and all risks in this regard.
- DIVULGING/SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The User is aware that the Company may share the User’s personal information with other corporate entities and affiliates to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of the Website/Application’s services; and to facilitate joint or co-branded services, where such services are provided by more than one corporate entity.
- The User is aware that the Company may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if the Company in good faith believes that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes. The Company may also disclose the User’s personal information to law enforcement offices, third party rights owners, or other third parties if it believes that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce the Terms or Policy; respond to claims that an advertisement, posting or other content violates the rights of a third party; or protect the rights, property or personal safety of its users, or the general public.
- The User is further aware that the Company and its affiliates may share / sell some or all of the User’s personal information with other business entities should the Company (or its assets) plan to merge with, or be acquired by such business entity, or in the event of re-organization, amalgamation, or restructuring of the Company’s business. Such business entity or new entity will continue to be bound be the Terms and Policy, as may be amended from time to time.
- THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS / PROMOTIONS
- USER’S CONSENT
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND JURISDICTION
- Mediation: In case of any dispute between the parties, the Parties will attempt to resolve the same amicably amongst themselves, to the mutual satisfaction of both Parties. In the event that the Parties are unable to reach such an amicable solution within thirty (30) days of one Party communicating the existence of a dispute to the other Party, the dispute will be resolved by arbitration, as detailed here in below:
- Arbitration: In the event that the Parties are unable to amicably resolve a dispute by mediation, said dispute will be referred to arbitration by a sole arbitrator to be appointed by the Company, and the award passed by such sole arbitrator will be valid and binding on both Parties. The Parties shall bear their own costs for the proceedings, although the sole arbitrator may, in his/her sole discretion, direct either Party to bear the entire cost of the proceedings. The arbitration shall be conducted in English, and the seat of Arbitration shall be the city of Bengaluru, in the state of Karnataka, India.
Transactions on the Website/Application are secure and protected. Any information entered by the User when transacting on the Website/Application is encrypted to protect the User against unintentional disclosure to third parties. The User’s credit and debit card information is not received, stored by or retained by the Company in any manner. This information is supplied by the User directly to the relevant payment gateway which is authorized to handle the information provided, and is compliant with the regulations and requirements of various banks and institutions and payment franchisees that it is associated with.
The User is aware that the Company uses third-party advertising companies to serve ads to the users of the Application. The User is aware that these companies may use information relating to the User’s visits to the Website/Application and other Applications in order to provide customised advertisements to the User. Furthermore, the Application may contain links to other Website/Applications that may collect personally identifiable information about the User. The Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any of the aforementioned linked Website/Applications, and the User expressly acknowledges the same and agrees that any and all risks associated will be borne entirely by the User.
By using the Website/Application and/ or by providing information to the Company through the Website/Application, the User consents to the collection and use of the information disclosed by the User on the Website/Application in accordance with this Policy, including but not limited to the User’s consent the Company sharing/divulging the User’s information, as per the terms contained hereinabove in Section 4 of the Policy.
It is expressly agreed to by the Parties hereto that the formation, interpretation and performance of this Policy and any disputes arising herefrom will be resolved through a two-step Alternate Dispute Resolution (“ADR”) mechanism. It is further agreed to by the Parties that the contents of this Section shall survive even after the termination or expiry of the Policy and/or Terms.
The Parties expressly agree that the Terms, Policy and any other agreements entered into between the Parties are governed by the laws, rules and regulations of India, and that the Courts at Bengaluru shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising between the Parties.